Adding a webhook will send a POST request to the URL you define with details of each selected event. To create a webhook, you must first:
- Log in to your Genius Referrals account.
- Click on the Integration section located in the navigation menu on the left side.
- From there, click on the Webhooks tab and then Add webhook. Follow the steps below to create the Webhook.
You must enter the URL of the server that will receive the webhook POST
Select the Content Type
to deliver. Webhooks can be delivered using different content types:
- The application/json is content type as a POST request.
- The application/x-www-form-urlencoded content type as a payload form parameter.
The secret allows you to ensure that POST requests sent to the payload URL are from Genius Referrals. You'll receive the X-Genius-Referrals-Signature-256 header in the webhook POST request.
If your "Payload URL" is a secure site (HTTPS), you will have the option to configure the SSL verification settings. If your "Payload URL" is not secure (HTTP), Genius Referrals will not display this option. By default, Genius Referrals verifies the SSL certificate of your website when delivering webhook payloads. SSL verification helps ensure that hook payloads are delivered to your URL endpoint securely. You have the option to disable SSL, but we recommend keeping Enable SSL verification
Events are at the core of webhooks. These webhooks fire whenever a certain action is taken on your referral program, which your server's payload URL intercepts and acts upon.
Indicates if the Webhook is active or not. You can choose to disable the delivery of webhook payloads by deselecting "Active".
When finished, click the button Save.