Affiliate marketing implies that the advertiser pays only for the results obtained (conversions, leads, clicks, etc.). Affiliates promote their products or services through advertisements on websites, in exchange for a commission.
Affiliate marketing has thus become one of the most profitable business models
today. It implies a relationship in which both, advertiser and affiliate, obtain benefits and positive results
Advertisers manage to attract new customers with less marketing effort, only paying for the results achieved. This makes it easy for them to manage their budget and always get a positive return on investment.
The affiliates, for their part, obtain economic profits or rewards
, the result of a commission for each subscription sale they promote.
Even for the client, Affiliate Marketing results in benefits thanks to the recommendations and personalized and educational content
that affiliates share on their websites and communication channels.Affiliate Marketing is managed through these actors that we described above, as follows:
- The affiliate establishes an agreement with the advertiser, through which they will promote their products or services in exchange for a commission.
- The affiliate promotes the advertiser's products or services on its website, including an affiliate link.
- When an interested user visits the affiliate's website and clicks on one of the links, a cookie is stored on his computer.
- If the user makes a purchase or conversion on the advertiser's website, the advertiser looks for statistics and affiliate data.
- Then the advertiser pays the corresponding commission.