Most of the time, when an advocate generates a new referral he will receive a bonus. This, of course, will depend on your business rules and the restrictions you have specified in your referral campaign
. To give bonuses to the customer's referrer (advocate) you have three options:
- Using our Control Center, you can read how in this post
- Using our SDKs or APIs, you can read more in this post
- Using the code snippets provided in step 5.
We are going to focus here on the third option as the other ones have been documented elsewhere. To give a bonus to the customer's referrer, copy the scripts tags and place them inside and at the end of the 'body' tag in your payment confirmation page or wherever you want to give a bonus to the customer's referrer. When trying to give a bonus the following parameters are available to be sent:
- CUSTOMER_EMAIL: The customer's email (eg. email@example.com). This is a required parameter.
- REFERENCE: Your reference number, could be a payment id, order id, timestamp, etc. This is a required parameter.
- AMOUNT_OF_PAYMENTS: The amount of payments the customer has made on your system. This is an optional parameter and is needed only when you've set up the amount_of_payment restriction on your referral campaign.
- PAYMENT_AMOUNT: The total amount of the payment made in your system. This is an optional parameter and is needed only when you've set up a referral campaign based on percentage.
Make sure to replace the parameters CUSTOMER_EMAIL
(optional) and PAYMENT_AMOUNT
(optional) with the proper values. The following example shows the details.