How do I prevent my emails from going to spam?
To ensure that your referral program emails do not end up in the recipient's spam folder, it is crucial to take certain steps. One of these is to authenticate your email by adding an SPF record to your Domain Name System (DNS). By doing this, you will create a public list of approved senders who are authorized to send emails from your domain.Please Note: The Email Sending Domain feature is only available on certain Genius plans. See our plans and pricing here.To set up the Email Sending Domain, follow the steps below.
Here are some more tips to improve the effectiveness of your emails and avoid triggering spam filters:
- Sign in to your Genius Referrals account.
- In the navigation menu on the left side, click Domains & URLs under Program Settings.
- Next, click on Email Sending Domain on the left menu list.
- Once on this page, use the toggle button on the right side of the screen to turn this process "ON." To view more details, please access our guide, Email Sending Domain Settings.
- Always get permission: Make sure that you have permission to send emails to the recipient, and avoid sending emails to purchased or rented lists.
- Avoid trigger words: Certain words and phrases are more likely to trigger spam filters, so try to avoid using terms like “free,” “discount,” and “limited time offer” in your email subject lines and body.
- Personalize your emails: Personalizing your emails with the recipient’s name and other relevant information can help make your emails seem more legitimate and less like spam.
- Use a recognizable sender name and email address: Using a recognizable sender name and email address can help increase the chances that your email will be recognized as legitimate and not marked as spam.
- Avoid using too many images: Emails that contain too many images can trigger spam filters, so try to keep your image use to a minimum and balance it with relevant text.
- Provide an easy opt-out option: Make sure that your emails include a clear and easy-to-use opt-out option. This can help reduce the likelihood that your emails will be marked as spam.