Once the code is been put in place, every time the
method is called, the code snippet will check if the prospect and/or customer is been referred and create a new referral in your Genius Referrals
when it's a qualified referral. Giving bonuses to your advocates
Most of the time, when an advocate generates a new referral he will receive a bonus. This, of course, will depend on your business rules and the restrictions you have specified in your referral campaign. To give bonuses to the customer's referrer (advocate) you have three options:
- Using our Control Center, you can read how in this post
- Using our SDKs or APIs.
- Using the code snippets provided in step 5.
We are going to focus here on the third option as the other ones have been documented elsewhere. To give a bonus to the customer's referrer, c
opy the scripts tags and place them inside and at the end of the 'body' tag in your payment confirmation page or wherever you want to give a bonus to the customer's referrer.
trying to give a bonus the following parameters are available to be sent:
- CUSTOMER_EMAIL: The customer's' email (eg. firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a required parameter.
- REFERENCE: Your reference number, could be a payment id, order id, timestamp, etc. This is a required parameter.
- TOTAL_OF_PAYMENTS: The total of payments the customer has made on your system. This is an optional parameter and is needed only when you've set up the amount_of_payment restriction on your referral campaign.
- PAYMENT_AMOUNT: The total amount of the payment made in your system. This is an optional parameter and is needed only when you've set up a referral campaign based on percentage.
Make sure to replace the parameters CUSTOMER_EMAIL
(optional) and PAYMENT_AMOUNT
with the proper values. The following example shows the details.