Once the installation of the module is completed and configured, your referral program should be up and running. Your customers and visitors will be able access to the program and refer your products. A few things you will notice in your store:
- A new link on your navigation bar 'Referral Program', that your visitors and customers (advocates) can use to refer your products.
- A template installed on the Referral Program page where your advocates will be able to:
- Access the referral program and learn how it works
- Sign up on the program if they are not your customer
- Refer your products with friends and family using their personal share links via email, social media, blog posts, chats, etc.
- Review the performance of their referral program and react. These are some questions they might ask themselves:
- How many referrals and bonuses I have generated?
- What distribution channels are working better for me?
- Where should I put my efforts?
- Manage bonuses and redemptions. Bonuses can be redeemed for cash, goods, check, charity, points, Paypal, etc. Pretty much anything you want.
- If you selected a POS template, your customers will see a call to action on the order confirmation page. The POS template will pop up to invite customers to refer your products right after an order is completed (this is highly recommended).
- If you selected the option 'Auto bonuses redemption as Cart Rule?', a new Cart Rule will be generated and be available for your customer's next purchase.
Scenario: Referring new prospects to a Prestashop Store
In this scenario, we are assuming the following:
- You have a Prestashop store that sells t-shirts online.
- You have set up a referral program with Genius Referrals to allow your customers and visitors to refer your products to friends, family, colleagues, etc.
- On your referral campaign, you are giving $10 to your customers for every qualified referral. A qualified referral is a referral that completes a purchase.
- John Smith is one of your best customers, he loves your products and is happy to share your services with his friends, family, colleagues, etc. This is his personal data:
- Name: John
- Last name: Smith
- Email: email@example.com
- John refers to his friend Matt so that he can buy new t-shirts in your store. This is his personal data:
- Name: Matt
- Lastname: Hanks
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- John receives $10 as a bonus once Matt has completed a purchase
The following image represents the referral flow that we will be testing: